What Spiritualism Is and Does
Spiritualism is the Science, Philosophy and Religion of continuous life, based upon the demonstrated fact of communication, by means of mediumship, with those who live in the Spirit World.
- It brings to the surface man's spiritual gifts, such as inspiration, clarvoyance, clairaudience and healing powers.
- It teaches that the spark of divinity dwells in all.
- That as a flower gradually unfolds in beauty, so the spirit of man unfolds and develops in the Spirit World.
- Spiritualism is God's message to mortals, declaring that There Is No Death. That all who have passed on still live. That there is hope in the life beyond.
- That every soul will progress through the ages to heights, sublime and glorious, where God Is Love and Love Is God.
- It is a manifestation, a demonstration and proof of the continuity of life and of the truth of the many Spirit manifestations recorded in the Christian Bible.
- It teaches personal responsibility.
- It removes all fear of death, which is really the portal of the Spirit world.
- It teaches that death is not the cessation of life, but mere change of condition.
- That man is a spiritual being now, even while encased in flesh.
- That as man sows on earth he reaps in the life to come
- That those who have passed on are conscious - not asleep.
- That communion between the living and the "dead" is scientifically proven.
- It thus brings comfort to the bereaved, and alleviates sorrow.
Adopted by the National Spiritualist Association of Churches
Adopted October, 1914, 1919, 1930, 1951
- Spiritualism is a Science, Philosophy and a Religion of continuous life based upon the deonstrated fact of communication, by means of mediumship, with those who live in the Spirit World.
- A Spiritualist is one who believes, as the basis of his or her religion, in the communication between this and the Spirit World by means of mediumship. And who endeavours to mould his or her character and conduct in accordance with the highest teachings derived from such communication.
- A Medium is one whose organism is sensitive to vibrations from the Spirit World and through whose instrument intelligences in that world are able to convey messages and produce the phenomena of Spiritualism.
- A Spiritualist Healer is one who, either through his own inherent powers or through his mediumship, is able to impart vital, curative force to pathologic conditions.
- The Phenomena of Spiritualism consist of Prophecy, Clairvoyance, Clairaudience, Laying on of Hands, Healing, Voices, Trance, Apports, Revelation, Levitation ,Raps, Automatic and Independent Writing and Painting, Photography, Materialization, Psychometry, and any other manifestation proving the continuit of life as demonstrated through the Physical and Spiritual Sense and facilities of Man.